Poetry n Prose
Quotes from the chalkboard
(as they were jotted down)
If I know who originated the quote I will
- Inspired line from a driver's license
manual: "Every child is a human caution sign." --Marilou Meyers
- Safe Driving suggestion: "Don't make
any news this weekend that you won't be around to read about."--Joe
- Carved on a mantel over a fireplace:
"I cannot warm you if your heart is cold."
- If there is any sin more deadly than
envy, it is being pleased at being envied. --Richard Armour
- Bumper Sticker: "Support the crisis of
- Hope for the best. Expect the
worst. Life is a play. We're unrehearsed.
- A man is known by his books his
friends, and the mistakes he admits.
- On the bus: "It's awful to be
indecisive. You're like a centipede who's told to put his best
- I value the friend who for me finds
time on his calendar, but I cherish the friend who for me does not
consult his calendar.
- Once he was the world to me. But
I've learned a lot about geography since.
- Courage is like love--it must have
hope to nourish it.
- Music washes away from the soul the
dust of everyday life.
- A child is the root of the heart.
- Self-discipline is when your
conscience tells you to do something and you don't talk back.
- In a saloon: "Not responsible for loss
of hats, coats or equilibrium.
- A true friend walks in when the rest
of the world walks out.
- A small child was asked to describe
loving kindness. He said, "If I'm hungry and my Mom gives me
bread and butter, that's kindness. But, if she puts lots of jam on it,
that's loving kindness."
- When I see you my stomach gets all
over and over excited. Nothing much happens in my head, or that
I can feel in my heart--maybe, my stomach is in love with you.
- Love is a feeling you feel when you
feel you are feeling a feeling you feel you have never felt before.
- I always like to hear someone talk
about themselves because you never hear anything bad.
- Buying a marriage license doesn't
guarantee a happy marriage any more than buying a hunting license will
guarantee a successful hunting or fishing trip.
- Life is fragile--handle with prayer.
- If you treat a man as he is, he will
remain as he is, but if you treat him as if he were what he ought to
be, and could be, he will become what he ought to be, and should be.
- Four things will not come back--the
spoken word, the sped arrow, the past life, and the neglected
- Every man goes down to his grave
bearing in his hands only that which he has given away.
- The service we render to others is
really the rent we pay for our room on this earth.
Page 1 |
Page 2 | Page 3 | Page 4 | Page 5 | Page 6
| Back to Top