Poetry n Prose
Quotes from the chalkboard
(as they were jotted down)
If I know who originated the quote I will
- A neat desk is a sign of a sick mind.
-- Mark Twain
- The smart cookies sell more that the
- What you don't know may not hurt you,
but it will certainly amuse a lot of us.
- Adolescence is when you think you'll
live forever. Middle age is when you wonder how you've lasted so
- Civilization can be measured by the
degree of helplessness when the electricity goes off.
- No entran moscas en boca cerrada.
- A bore is a person who keeps you from
being lonely, when you wish you were.
- Green light: Signal for the
motorist behind you to blow his horn.
- A smile is a curve that sets things
- An aim in life is the only fortune
- Doctor to sick patient: "Don't
worry--I'll have you up and complaining about my fee before you know
- Trifles make perfection, but
perfection is no trifle.
- Too much sun makes a desert.
- There are two kinds of men who never
amount to much --those who cannot do what they are told and those who
can do nothing else.
- Conceit: A condition found in people
who take too much vitamin "I".
- To live is the rarest thing in the
world. Most people just exist. ---Oscar Wilde
- To err is human, but to blame it on
someone else is more human.
- One is a beautiful number if you're
that special one.
- It has taken me all my life to
understand that it is not necessary to understand everything.
- Macho does not prove mucho.
- give a kid a million dollars and he
might lose it. Give him an education and he'll always have it.
- Why is it that when you call a wrong
number the line is never busy?
- Ego trip--Stumbling over own feet.
- Cats aren't the only ones that can
lick themselves with their own tongue.
- At least a yawn is an honest opinion.
- If you think nobody cares if you're
alive, try missing a few car payments.
- Stretching the truth won't make it any
- Honeymoon salad--Lettuce alone.
- The old believe everything, the middle
aged suspect everything, the young know everything.
- Opportunity is knocking at your door,
but your mother won't let him in.
- If you are thinking of cheating on a
test--think of yourself on the operating table under the knife of a
surgeon who cheated in medical school.
- Children go through such fascinating
stages. First they call you Da Da, then they call you
Daddy, then they call you collect.
Page 1 |
Page 2 | Page 3 |
Page 4 |
Page 5 |
Page 6 |
Back to Top